The Friends of the Mount Laurel Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit all volunteer organization, dedicated to supporting the activities and mission of the Mount Laurel Library. The Friends provide financial support primarily through membership dues, used book and media sales, and other fundraising events.
Your most valuable benefit is knowing that you support this community’s center for free information, education, entertainment and literacy.
As a member you also receive:
- Early admission to the Used Book and Media Sales
- A $1.00 coupon redeemable at a Friends Quarterly Book Sale
- Invitation to annual/general meeting and other events
Annual Membership Dues
|Benefactor ($100+/year)||Family ($15/year)|
|Patron ($50-$99/year)||Individual ($10/year)|
As of July 1, 2015, Patrons will receive all basic membership benefits plus coupons for five (5) free books annually from a Friends quarterly book sale.
Also, as of July 1, 2015, Benefactors will receive all basic membership benefits plus coupons for ten (10) free books annually from a Friends quarterly book sale.
Membership Form (includes new benefits)
Membership dues are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law and are eligible for many corporate matching fund programs. Membership forms are available to download or pick one up at the Circulation Desk.
The Friends is always looking for volunteers; we welcome your participation. If you are interested, let us know by checking a box on the form.
Book Sale Dates
July Book and Media Sale - July 22-25
Wednesday, July 22 – Saturday, July 25
Wednesday Preview for Friends Members Only from 6-8:30PM
(New Friends are welcome to join that night)
Saturday 10AM-4:30PM, $5 bag sale. Please bring reusable grocery bags, max. size 16"hx13"wx9"d.
Book Sale Rules
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADHERE TO THE FIRE MARSHALL RULE: NO BLOCKING OF THE AISLES or DOORWAYS!
- Cash and checks are accepted. Checks are limited to 2 per day per customer. No credit or debit cards.
- Please be courteous and respectful to all customers
- Electronic devices are welcome (please turn off the beepers)
- Hoarding and/or stockpiling will not be permitted
- 4-wheeled carts or strollers are NOT permitted in the Book Sale Room
- If you choose not to purchase an item, please return it to where you found it
Donating to the Book Sale
The Friends of the Library accept book donations year-round in the wire baskets found at the right end of the circulation desk.
The Friends welcome your gently used donations but do not accept the following:
- encyclopedias of any kind
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- damaged, moldy or yellowing books
- children's books that are torn, written in or dirty
- directories almanacs, travel, computer, medical or text books more than 2 years old
We also do not accept old computer software. For more information, use this form to contact the Friends
We receive many donations over the year and thank each and every one of you who donate your gently read books which enable the Friends to raise much needed funds for the library. Please visit the Friends Corner Book Sale which is open year-round in the library and purchase someone else's "gently read books."
Book Sale Left-Overs
All left-overs from the Friends Quarterly Books Sales are picked up by a single charity organization which finds good homes for all the books not sold during the book sales. All proceeds from the book sales directly benefit the library.
Customer personal items dropped off in the Book Sale Donation Bins
Customers who drop off personal items in the donation area need to identify the item by title, author, hard cover or paperback, size, and the date the item was dropped off. Thousands of books and media are processed within a timely manner. We will make an effort to find the customer's item, unfortunately, there can be no guarantees that it will be found. For more information, use this form to contact the Friends