UPDATE FROM AARP
From the AARP....
- If you think you owe money to the IRS, you have the option to request an extension, but you will need to pay money owed. Find instructions and forms on the following IRS webpage: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/extension-of-time-to-file-your-tax-return.
- If you are due a refund or have no tax liability, you may file your federal return any time until April 15, 2022, without penalty.
- If you would like to submit your return now, we ask that you find alternate service through a paid preparer or complete your own return. Tax-Aide will continue to offer access to self-prep software, without volunteer assistance, that you may link to via the Tax-Aide homepage at www.aarpfoundation.org/taxaide.
- Thank you for reaching out to AARP Foundation Tax-Aide and we hope to work with you next tax season.
In person AARP tax aide has been cancelled.
* The library provides general tax information which is designed only to help users of the library learn more about their own tax needs. Library staff are not tax professionals and therefore cannot answer tax related questions or suggest which forms to use in specific circumstances. Library users are responsible for obtaining tax advice from their own tax professionals.
FEDERAL TAX RESOURCES
IRS Forms and Instructions:
Black & white printouts from Library computers cost 10 cents per sheet.
Some forms must be obtained directly from the IRS. Call 1-800-829-1040.
STATE TAX RESOURCES
NJ Tax Forms:
To order NJ forms by phone,
NJ Taxpayer Customer Service Center:
Use a fax machine to request forms/instructions 24 hours a day:
Tax Record Search (click on "record search" in top navigation bar)